Instead of adding tasks manually, when someone writes to you about something that needs to be done, with the Smart inbox feature, you can save time and add tasks to the task list via email.
The subject of the email will become the name of the task. Just modify the subject to add the task with a preferred name.
The content of the email will be added as the task description.
The task is added with today's due date.
Your default task duration is taken into account and automatically set as the task duration.
To change the order of data linked to the task and visible in the task detailed view, go to Settings > Administration > E-mail setup
How it works:
Smart inbox is looking for the email linked to the contact card. So for our example, it checks:
- If the sender's email is a contact in Scoro and links the task to it. If you are sending it from your email address, it will search for your email.
- If the sender is not found, it looks for the recipient. That is for cases where you email your client and add your Smart inbox address as a CC, for example.
- If that is not found either, it tries to find the contact linked to the email in CC.
If none of these emails matches with any of your contacts in Scoro, the task is left unlinked.
The Smart inbox can be used in several cases:
- A team member sends you an email about something you need to do. Instead of going to your Scoro site to add a new task manually, you can forward the email to your Smart inbox address and a task will be added to your task list automatically.
- You can also send a task to several people at once. Let's say you reply to a client's email, at the same time add your Smart inbox address to the BCC line. This way the email is sent to your task list and when you mark it as Done, the activity will be added to the work report.
To start using this feature, just start sending e-mails. You can find your Smart mailbox address at the bottom of your task list.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!