Adding a task
To add a new task:
1. Click the button New task in your task list.
2. A window is displayed, where you can add the title, set the duration, deadline, company and a project the task will be linked to. Note! You can also add a specific deadline (add a date and time). This way, when filtering your tasks by deadline, your tasks are in the order they should be done in. Go to Settings > Work and projects > Calendar and tasks and activate to option to Use task deadline with exact time.
3. Select the contact person and assign an activity type in order to sort tasks more easily later on (and get detailed reporting).
4. A task can be checked as Personal. In that case, the task's details are only visible to you, your team members (even the site administrator) can only see, that the task is personal, nothing less, nothing more.
Appointing priorities (different colored ticks) makes the sorting easier and you can distinguish very important tasks from the less crucial ones.
The task is assigned to the creator by default, but you can change it, or mark it as Unassigned and assign it to someone else later on. A project manager can, for example, add unassigned tasks for the entire team and the team members can pick those tasks for themselves. There's more on delegating tasks in this article.
Make sure you set a notification, especially if adding a task to someone else's task list.
If you want to add a task for something you've already done, you can tick the task as Done already while adding it. Time entries are created and done tasks go straight into the activity log and work report.
5. Click Save and your new task is added to the task list.
Additional places to add tasks from
- Quick actions button in the header
If you need to add multiple identical tasks that are linked to different people or companies, just check the boxes in front of the necessary contacts, and on the additional options bar that opens, click the task button to create a new task.
Here's an article on how to view, modify and delete a task and you can also make your life easier by using recurring tasks. You can also add a task bundle for multiple tasks that act like task templates.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!