Sales and finance – General
Settings > Sales and finance > General
General sales and finance settings affect the entire site, and apply for sales and purchase documents.
- Decimal places – you can increase or decrease the number of places that are displayed after the decimal point.
- Use shipping date for quotes and orders – simple as that. To use, tick the box.
- Add the author of a quote/order by default when creating an invoice/scheduled invoice – to use, tick the box.
- Ability to add new products/services when creating sales documents – if you wish to add new products or services to the system while creating sales and purchase documents then activate this feature. Otherwhise you can add new products and services in the product database.
- Ability to select products from a filterable list view – a button will be displayed when creating invoices and other sales documents. When you click on it, a product database window will be displayed where you have more filtering options, but also product images (if in use).
- Group dates by months – if quotes and invoices have date line periodization activated, the overview and PDF documents have dates grouped by months.
- Use interested party field when compiling quotes, orders and invoices – intersted party field can be used to display a third party as a reference.
Example: Meriton Hotel orders a commercial from TV3, TV3 orders it from MediaHouse.
MediaHouse will invoice TV3 (client), the end client is Meriton Hotel.
The reporting for end client is available in the budget report.
- Use suppliers – you can now mark contacts as suppliers in the contact modify view. Easily differentiate suppliers in your contact list and get reporting on them.
- New document number will be generated – choose, if new document numbers are generated based on the last or largest number in the system.
- Reference number – you can use a reference number on your sales documents. A reference number can either be contact based or invoice based. You can also set the format you would like the number to use: either text or a PHP code.
- Use secondary quantity – applies for quotes, orders and invoices. Regular quantities are multiplied by additional quantities.
- Use secondary product/service description on lines – an additional comment line is displayed on a sales document. Its content is not displayed on the PDF, only in the document modify and detailed view.
- Hide price lists created under other entities – when using multiple entities, this allows you to keep the price lists for these accounts hidden, so that only the relevant price list are available. This helps to avoid confusion, but also keep more confidential data on pricing concealed.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!