Scoro allows you to create invoices based on tasks and calendar events in the Detailed work report or in the specific project view. Just tick the necessary activities and turn them into an invoice to present to the customer – a simple way to invoice for your time.
You can either use billable time in addition to actual spent time or bill based on the latter – the time you and your team actually spend on activities.
To use billable time separately, enable the setting Use billable time under Settings > Work and projects > Time-billing.
Invoices can be created based on the activity type linked to the product/service – this way, when creating an invoice from the work report, all necessary details are filled in for you.
Another option is to Allow billing activities without activity type or linked product/service, in which case, all selected activities from the report or a specific project view are automatically transferred to the sales invoice, even the ones without an activity type or product/service. You can then manually link each document line with the relevant products/services from your database.
Note! You can see the related settings on the right-hand side under the title Make sure to. Click to define activity types and to set up related products and services, if you wish to bill based on activity types.
Instead of logging time manually, you're able to easily track your work-time and automatically use that time to create an invoice for your customer. Read more on Time Tracker. For this switch on the option Use time tracker time count for billable time.
Linking an activity type to a product/service
To invoice your customer based on the activities with a certain activity type, link the activity type to a product.
1. Navigate to Settings > Work and projects > Activity types and create a new activity type (for example Design) or open existing one to modify it. Add a related product:
Note! Add new product will create a new product with the same name as the activity type. You can also Choose from existing ones, meaning you can link the activity type to an existing product.
You can see if and which products/services are linked to different activity types in the list view. Click on the name of the product/service to get to the product card.
2. Open the relevant product/service by clicking on its name in the list. On the product card define the product/service prices for different users. This is necessary to ensure that when creating an invoice, the correct price is displayed depending on the assignee of the task or the participant of the event.
Now, when creating new events and tasks that need to be settled with the customer, make sure you link it with the relevant activity type.
Billing via Detailed work report
1. In the Detailed work report filter out the relevant (e.g a certain team member's or project-related not billed) activities and tick the ones you would like to compile an invoice for.
2. Click on the button Create invoice.
(If you are using activity confirmation, be sure to confirm the activities first. You can easily tell if a time entry has been confirmed and billed or not. There are two icon columns in the detailed work report and next to time entries in the task detailed view – one for each status. If a time entry is confirmed and fully billed, the icons are blue and green, respectively. Yellow stands for a partially billed time entry and the icon is grey if it hasn’t been billed yet. You can click on the billed icons to see the relevant invoice(s). If the confirmation icons are grey, the time entries still need to be confirmed before they can be invoiced. Just tick the relevant time entries in the work report and confirm them with one click, then continue creating an invoice for your customer.)
Note! You can also invoice for project-related bills. When clicking on Create invoice, you can select if you create an invoice For time only or With related bills. To include project-related bills in the invoice, the This bill is chargeable to the client checkbox has to be ticked on the bills you wish to use for invoicing. Read more on bills.
3. The product linked to the activity type and the specific price set to the user are now visible on the invoice. The price is calculated based on the billable time and the user based price of the product.
4. The activities are marked as billed in the report when the invoice is saved.
Billing from the project view
The same way you can bill from the Detailed work report, you can create an invoice based on certain jobs in the specific project view. This is convenient if you just need to create an invoice for tasks and events related to one project.
Just select the relevant activities under Past activities and click Create invoice.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!