Scoro allows you to create invoices based on tasks and calendar events in the detailed work report. Just check the necessary activities in the work report and turn them into an invoice to present to the customer – a simple way to invoice for your time.
To begin, enable the setting Use billable time under Settings > Work and projects > Billable time.
Note! Invoices can be created based on the activity type linked to the product/service, so make sure you have linked activity types to products/services.
Note! You can see the related settings on the right hand side under the title Also consider. Click to define activity types and to set up related services.
Linking an activity type to a product/service:
To invoice your customer based on the activities with a certain activity type, link the activity type to a product.
1. Navigate to Settings > Work and projects > Activity types and create a new activity type (for example) Accounting, or open existing one to modify it. Add a related product:
Note! Add new product will create a new product with the same name as the activity type. You can also Choose from existing ones, meaning you can link the activity type to an existing product.
2. Go to Settings > Sales and finance > Products and service, open the relevant product and define the product/service prices for different users. This is necessary to ensure that when creating an invoice, the correct price is displayed depending on the assignee of the task or the participant of the event.
Now, when creating new events and tasks that need to be settled with the customer, make sure you link it with the relevant activity type.
Billing via Detailed work report
1. In the detailed work report filter out relevant (e.g a certain team member's or project-related not billed) activities and tick the ones you would like to bill for.
2. Click on Create invoice.
If you are using activity confirmation, be sure to confirm the activities first. You can easily tell if a time entry has been confirmed and billed or not. There are two icon columns in the detailed work report and next to time entries in the task detailed view – one for each status. If a time entry is confirmed and fully billed, the icons are blue and green, respectively. Yellow stands for a partially billed time entry and the icon is grey, if it hasn’t been billet yet. You can click on the billed icons to see the relevant invoice(s). If the confirmation icons are grey, the time entries still need to be confirmed before they can be invoiced. Just tick the relevant time entries in the work report and confirm them with one click, then continue createing an invoice for your customer.
Note! You can also invoice for project-related bills. When clicking on Create invoice you can select if you create and invoice For time only or With related bills.
To create an invoice based on bills, the This bill is chargeable to the client checkbox has to be ticked on the related bills.
3. The product linked to the activity type and the specific price set to the user are now visible on the invoice. The price is calculated based on the actual billable time and the user based price of the product.
4. The activities are marked as billed in the report when the invoice is saved.
Did this article help you?
Thank you for your feedback!