Xero setup guide
You've probably already read our pointers on what is synced between Scoro and Xero. Here's a step by step guide to setting up the integration, as well as some helpful information on how Scoro and Xero work together once connected.
Note! Xero integration is not included in every Scoro plan, so please check out the comparison table on our pricing and plans page to see where it's available.
Connecting Xero to Scoro
To connect your Xero account with Scoro, go to Settings > Site settings > Integrations and switch on Xero Accounting.
Note! The connection between Xero and Scoro cannot be activated if all currencies used in Xero are not activated in Scoro.
Note! For historic data migration please contact our Support Team.
Click the button Connect to Xero.
If you are already logged in to Xero, select the organization and authorize the integration. If not, you will be prompted to log in to Xero first. In your Xero account, you will need to authorize Scoro to access the information in Xero. To do this, select the company you want to link from the drop-down menu, then click the blue Allow access button.
Configure the connection
After connecting Scoro to Xero, the next step is to configure the way the information is shared between the two systems.
Use the Enable/Disable checkbox in front of each category to define which data is included in the synchronization.
Products and services
- Products can be synchronized in both directions but only one way at a time.
- It can’t be turned off when the invoice or bill sync is active.
- Contacts can be synchronized in both directions but only one way at a time.
- When the synchronization direction From Scoro is selected, all companies and people that are on the supplier or client list in Scoro are imported to Xero as customers or suppliers.
- If the synchronization direction is To Scoro, all contacts from Xero are imported to Scoro as companies.
- Contacts are always synchronized between the two systems if they are linked to an invoice or an expense. Even, if the category Contacts is disabled.
- Invoices can be synchronized in both directions but only one way at a time.
- Syncing invoices from Scoro to Xero.
- Invoices that are not marked as Sent in Scoro, are imported to Xero in status Draft. Otherwise, invoices are imported with status Awaiting Payment.
- Syncing invoices from Xero to Scoro.
- Only sales documents approved in Xero are synced.
- Credit notes created from sales invoices are a part of the invoice synchronization.
- Bills can be synchronized in both directions but only one way at a time.
- Syncing bills from Scoro to Xero.
- Bills created in Scoro are synchronized to Xero as bills with status Awaiting Payment.
- Syncing bills from Xero to Scoro.
- Only approved bills are synced to Scoro.
Receipts can be synchronized only from Xero to Scoro.
Type and Date
Set the synchronization type:
Automatic – Data is automatically synced in five-minute intervals.
Manual – The sync needs to be activated manually. There are two ways for manual sync.
- Sync all objects by clicking the “Synchronize now” button under the integration settings
- Send a single object over manually
- It is also possible to move objects manually one by one using Xero actions (in the detailed view of each document). This functionality is available for:
- Invoices – can be sent until payment is attached
- Bills – can be sent until payment is attached
- Receipts (can be pulled from invoice or bill) – can be pulled until the sales document is fully received
Next, set a date for each active category. All objects created or modified after this date will be included in the sync. The start date cannot be earlier than the date Xero was first connected to Scoro. If you need to sync older data, please contact our Support Team for historical data sync. The date will be disabled after the initial sync.
Default Sales and Expense Account
Set the default Sales and Expense accounts for invoices and expenses. You will be able to set individual sales accounts for services and products on the product card that will overwrite the value set here.
Click Save to complete the setup process.
Activating the synchronization of tracking categories disables the setup of current accounting objects. The selected tracking category options are pulled to Scoro as accounting objects.
Note! Only one tracking category can be selected, yet it can be changed later.
The Chart of Accounts (finance account in Scoro) and tax rates are pulled from Xero during the first sync. Editing or creating new accounts or tax rates in Scoro is disabled and is managed in Xero. It is recommended to run the first sync with all categories disabled to receive all the required data from Xero on the first try.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!