QuickBooks setup guide
You've probably already read our pointers on what is synced between Scoro and QuickBooks. Here's a step by step guide to setting up the integration, as well as some helpful information on how Scoro and QuickBooks work together once connected.
Note! The QuickBooks integration is available for Scoro Premium and Ultimate package users and works with QuickBooks online version only.
Note! For historic data migration please contact our Support Team.
Connecting QuickBooks with Scoro
To connect your QuickBooks account with Scoro, go to Settings > Site settings > Integrations, switch on and click on intuit QuickBooks.
Note! The connection between QuickBooks and Scoro accounts cannot be activated, if there are unmatched currencies between the systems.
Click on the button Connect to QuickBooks.
If you are already logged in to QuickBooks, select the organization and authorize the integration. If not, you will be prompted to log in to QuickBooks first. In your QuickBooks account, you will need to authorize Scoro in order to access information in QuickBooks. To do this, select the company you want to link, and then click the blue Authorize button.
Note! Chart of accounts and tax rates are pulled automatically from QuickBooks when a connection is successfully established. It is not possible to modify taxes and finance accounts in Scoro if the QuickBooks integration is active. Documents that are created with old tax rates will not be synced before tax rates are updated.
Configure the connection
After connecting Scoro and QuickBooks, the next step is to configure how the information is shared between the two systems.
Use the Enable/Disable checkbox before each category to choose which data will be included among the synchronization.
- Products can be synchronized in both directions but only one way at a time.
- Products are always synchronized between two systems when they are attached to a synchronized bill or an invoice, even if the products category is not enabled.
- Contacts can be synchronized in both directions but only one way at a time.
- When synchronization direction From Scoro is selected, all companies and persons that are on the suppliers or clients list in Scoro are imported to QuickBooks as customers or vendors. If a contact is listed as a client and a supplier, the (v) will be included in the vendor's name in QuickBooks.
- If a customer or a vendor is an individual in QuickBooks, it will be synchronized to Scoro as a person.
- Contacts are always synchronized between two systems when they are attached to an invoice or a bill. Even, if the Contacts category is disabled.
- Projects can be synchronized only from QuickBooks to Scoro.
- New QuickBooks projects can be matched with already existing projects in Scoro
- When matching QuickBooks projects with existing Scoro projects:
- Project names in both systems have to match
- Clients in both systems have to match (if the clients don’t match, a new contact is created to Scoro)
- Invoices can be synchronized in both directions but only one way at a time.
- Credit notes created from sales invoices are part of the invoices synchronization.
- When syncing projects with invoices, don’t add multiple projects to one invoice, because QuickBooks doesn’t support adding multiple projects to one invoice. If multiple projects are added to an invoice in Scoro, the invoice won’t be connected to any of the projects in QuickBooks.
- Payments can be synchronized in both directions but only one way at a time.
- Bills can be synchronized in both directions but only one way at a time.
- When syncing projects with bills, you can use projects on each line.
- QuickBooks Classes can be synchronized only from QuickBooks to Scoro.
- To sync classes with Scoro, class tracking has to be turned on in Quickbooks and they must be tracked per document line.
Type and Date
The first row below categories sets the synchronization type:
- Automatic – Data will be automatically synced with five-minute intervals.
- Manual – Sync needs to be activated manually. There are two ways for manual sync.
- Sync all objects by clicking “Synchronize now” button from integration settings
- Sending a single object over manually
- It is also possible to move objects manually one by one using our “QuickBooks actions” that can be found for each document in the document view. This functionality is available for:
- Invoices – can be sent until the payment is attached
- Bills – can be sent until the payment is attached
- Receipts (can be pulled from invoice or bill) – can be pulled until the sales document is fully received
Next, set a date for each active category. All objects created or modified after this date will be included in the sync. The start date cannot be earlier than the first time QuickBooks was connected to Scoro. If you need to sync older data, please contact our Support Team for historical data sync. The date will be disabled after the initial sync.
Instead of transferring all invoices, bills, and contacts between Scoro and QuickBooks, create bookmarks for specific items to be pushed from Scoro to the other system.
Default Income Account
Set default income account for new products synchronized from Scoro to QuickBooks. It is possible to overwrite the default value on a product card in Scoro and define the expense account, if required.
Default Expense Account
Default expense account is added to synchronized bill line if no product is added.
Click Save to complete the setup process.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!