How to use bookmarks
Bookmarks help you quickly find information that's valuable for you – an easy way to save time and clicks by setting up default filters under one specific bookmark, and just choosing that bookmark whenever you want to see that data again. Read more on how to use filters.
1. Use the filters and select the items you would like to see.
2. Save your picks by clicking the Bookmarks button and Save as bookmark.
You can also save these picks as a default view, in which case your chosen view will be displayed every time you open that particular list or, for example, your calendar.
After clicking the Save as bookmark button, you will see the bookmark modify popup.
Here you can add a name to your bookmark, still change the filters, choose whether to share your bookmark with other site users or even add a Watchdog to your bookmark.
A Watchdog will notify you when some conditions (that you have set up) are met. For example, the Watchdog will let you know via email if there are more than 3 overdue tasks in your task list or accounts overdue exceed a certain amount. Read more about Watchdog.
The bookmarks that you have created, will appear under My bookmarks and if you share them, they will also appear in other team members' bookmarks list. Bookmarks that have been created by other team members and shared with you, appear under Other bookmarks.
Bookmarks and default views can be added to the dashboard (to create an overview of what's most important to you and your team) and the bookmarks' dropdown menu.
In order to modify or delete bookmarks, click on the Bookmarks button in the relevant view and then on Bookmark settings (you can also access these under My Settings) and then on the name of the bookmark.
Or click on the Bookmarks icon in the site header to open the Bookmark settings.
All bookmarks created in the site are displayed right there in the list.
Use the filters to narrow down the list.
The green checkmark icon indicates that the bookmark is in use.
You can also select if a bookmark is the default view, meaning that a certain view is always filtered by this bookmark. Also, choose, whether the bookmark is displayed on the header menu as a favorite, and shared with others. Just hover over the icons to see what each icon stands for.
You can go directly in to the filtered view by clicking on the Apply bookmark button.
You can, for example, create bookmarks such as "My top clients", "All contacts", "Sales team calendar", "All calendars", "Planned trainings by companies", to name just a few.
Let's take a look at two examples to give you an idea of how it actually works:
Example 1 – My meetings out of the office
- Open the Calendar.
- Make sure you are the only user selected.
- Select the status Out of office or a customised status.
- Click on the Bookmarks button.
- Give the bookmark a suitable name.
- You can still change the filters, if needed and select suitable options. Also, add a Watchdog.
- Select the date range. For example, always the current week.
Example 2 – Planned sales activities by companies
- Open Tasks.
- Select all users or specific users (sales team members).
- Choose the activity type First meeting or create the activity types you need.
- Group by companies.
- Click the Bookmarks button.
- Give the bookmark a suitable name and select the options you need, add a Watchdog.
To identify and filter contacts, projects, products, and files even more easily, learn how to use tags.
Did this article help you?
Thank you for your feedback!