Settings > Site settings > Custom fields
Custom fields can be used for creating different data fields in the site that are necessary and specific to your use case, and also display them on the PDF files.
The list of custom fields has active and archived fields. If the field is active, it is displayed and usable. In order to modify the status of the field, click on it. Click on the name of the custom field to modify or delete it.
To create a new custom field, click on Add.
For example, let's create a custom field "No. of products on quotes" – add the input field caption. The name will be created automatically.
In addition, you can add a context help text that explains to the user how the field works, what to add there and so on.
For this example, we'll use the field type Number, but there are many other options to choose from (you can find the complete list at the end of this article).
Set the width for the text box and choose the modules (e.g. Quotes), where you wish to have the field displayed.
Is range allows you to add a number range instead of a specific number.
Default input field content allows you to add (in this case) a number that will be added to this field by default so that it's always filled in. This number can be changed if needed.
Choose, if you wish the field to be displayed as a customizable column in the relevant list view or not.
By activating the choice "Filterable" there will be a separate filter among the main filters of the module's list view and the Detailed Work and Detailed Financial reports. To place the filter among the additional ones, activate "Display among additional filters".
If the field should not be visible in the editing view, but only when adding a new quote, tick the checkbox "Is hidden in modify view".
With the options "Show in summary bar", "Total" and "Average" you can determine whether the information bar in the module list summarizes the information in the custom field, calculates the average, or displays both in the summary bar of the relevant view.
The "Width" setting determines whether, in case of more than 1 custom field in this view, the fields are placed next to or below each other.
The custom field is now displayed when adding a quote.
Now, if you fill in the product count field on your quotes, this data will be displayed in the summary bar on top of the quote list.
You can also add this information to your list as a column by just changing the View options. Tick the option to display it in the list, drag-drop the order as you please to change the order of columns in your quote list.
You can sort the list by the added column, just click on the column name.
That's, of course, just one example – there are numerous ways to collect and get reporting on the data of your interest in Scoro with the help of custom fields.
Different custom field types:
- text - a text box with set height and width is displayed
- checkable textbox - a text box is displayed, the content can be edited
- checkbox - info is displayed on the PDF only when the checkbox is ticked
- drop-down list - a list of preset options is displayed
- date - enables the date picker
- duration - possibility to add information about duration in hours and minutes
- date and time - enables the date and time picker
- number - for entering numbers
- money - for monetary values
- numbering - for creating the automatic +1 numeration via the documents module
- formula - you can create formulas using simple mathematical functions (add, subtract, divide and multiply)
- image - possibility to add image files
- subheading - option to create subheading to divide a document into sections, for example
- relation - possibility to create relations, for example - add more than one user or contact to a quote
- trigger - reduce manual work by adding custom triggers to Scoro that activate your automated workflows by providing a webhook URL
The information in duration, number and money type custom fields are summarized in the Detailed Work and Detailed Financial reports.
It is possible to add text in HTML format - enables bold, italic, underlines, tables, bullets, etc.
An example formula
If you have created fields such as Height and Width, you could add a field Area and use formula.
Field caption is "Area".
Select the type "Formula". Formula line: [height]*[width]
Select the module(s) you wish to display it in.
More examples: sum [sum], VAT sum [vat_sum], discount percentage [discount] etc.